Thursday, February 18, 2021

She Only Lets Me Out When the Tequila's Gone

Rum and I are not very kind to each other.  Like most nouns from my past, rum saw a few too many bad episodes and decided we couldn't be friends anymore.  I think we broke up the night The Pretender moved away.  Everyone was buying me shots, and no one was tracking what I drank, much less me.  It was a combination of mixing things that should never be mixed and drinking too many individual things.  Highlights include:  toasting to verbs for being so helpful (and dissing adjectives for complicating things), throwing up in the booth, falling twice (that's two times) in the parking lot, and confusing my DD's foot for his car.  The party moved to his place for my shower, and everyone else continued drinking.  I awoke a few hours later asking for soup, but still drunk.


Saturday night I had one drink with a single shot of rum.  I woke up a little nauseous, but otherwise fine.

Tequila and I are best friends.  When my puppy died, my roommate tried to help by taking away any drug that I could overdose on (my cough syrup, mood stabilizers, anit-depressants, painkillers, etc.).  He said "I know you have a bad history of not handling things well, so I'm taking these.  But you can have this."  He handed me my bottle of Cuervo, sat on the porch and smoked alongside me.  He helped me to bed a few hours later, and I woke up still cradling the empty bottle.  Tequila will always be there for me.

Since I have been involved in a downward spiral recently, all I wanted last night was to sleep.  I average two to three hours a night when my moods start shifting to a peak or trough.  I have a bottle of Sauza (not fantastic, but silver nonetheless) but no mixers.  Because I consider myself to be super-classy, I usually mix with juice (orange is preferred, but any will do) or Sunny-D.  I had absolutely nothing to utilize.  I put it over ice in a coffee mug and started playing Mario Kart.  Halfway through the 12-race marathon to see who will be crowned king- me or DaVinci- I threw in frozen peaches.  BEST IDEA EVER!  My bubble bath later was a difficut task, but fun as well.

I got five hours of sleep.  It was fantastic.  I woke up this morning feeling... something.  I'm better, but not well.  I broke down and bought a pack of cigarettes yesterday.  We can't all be winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment