My service manager Chuck once made a huge mistake. He told me he was in a band. He claims that in high school he was a member of a band called April Wine. Well, I've looked them up. He was never in April Wine. His story has changed. His band did not know the popular Canadian band existed, and so were later made to change their name. He also said that Styx once performed, as an up-and-coming band, at a local Battle of the Bands- I believe it was at his same high school. This was right around the time that "Lady" had been released, but just before the band really took off. They were not in the "battle," just performing as headliners to generate a crowd.
My dealership(s) recently had inventory, and all the other parts managers from our stores were required to join us in counting. Chuck is not in parts, but was invited nonetheless as a manager and representative and all-around-good-guy. I may have spread the rumor to ALL the other managers that "Chuck once opened for Styx." Whoops. He has since received questions and phone calls regarding his joining their band. Which means that I get to listen and giggle as he explains that he never was in Styx, nor played with Styx, nor anything of the sort, but that he *was* in April Wine. I have also heard him continue on to explain that, no, he did not mean that April Wine. Teehee.
It should also be noted that Chuck has sort of lived the rock star life. He once drove his car off a cliff. No, really. He was very ill, and was consequently sent home from work. During the drive, with the nice warm heater on, he calmly fell asleep and proceeded to drive his own vehicle over the edge of a cliff. Not a very rock-n-roll story, I know. This is why I leave it at "Chuck once drove his car off a cliff." He also had a car blow up. I know, right? His car caught fire and exploded with fire and shrapnel and BOOMS! and everything. Sounds totally bitchin', doesn't it? He was at a bowling alley, and someone's car began leaking fuel in the parking lot. It so happened that he parked in the lowest point in the lot, and the gasoline began to pool underneath it. A lit match was thrown by a careless smoker, and KABLOOEY! Chuck's car exploded.
I just never understood how he has gone his whole life without being recognized as the rock star he truly is. I've known the man for years, and I have only recently learned these things. I admit, I did try to google him. Hey, I have a lot of free time here. I was not able to find any evidence to suggest any of these stories are true, but I believe him. Why make those things up, if only to be honest about his (non)appearance with Styx? However, while searching for my Chuck, I did keep coming across this guy. He's a wrestler, who's entry music was Tag Team's "Whoomp! (There it is)." I may have posted pictures around the office featuring the wrestler posing with Styx, claiming that our service manager has left to follow his rock-and-roll dreams. By the way, photoshop is much harder than it seems, so I just used Windows Paint, for that authentic look. This is going to be a super-fun Christmas.
Descargar play lord of the ocean Efortuna En Pc
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment