Thursday, February 18, 2021

It's Like Looking at a Sideways Clock

I got my promotion.  It's great.  I like what I do, even if it is menial and tedious.  It's right up my alley.  It keeps my hands and brain occupied.  I like that.  The women I work with seem way over-stressed, and a few are too negative.  I get that it's a stressful job; and for the first two weeks every month, it quadruples in pressure and expectations.  But it's still just work, so I don't see the big deal.
I'm coming out of an upswing.  It wasn't as bad this time, though.  There was a lot going on.  It was the most stressful time of the month for my job.  My sister came in town, so I thought I'd break down.  Also, DaVinci's dad had a heart attack.  Well, back in January he had a heart attack.  This time he was so close they admitted him into the hospital and gave him half a pharmacy.  They did open heart surgery two days later.
Then, I had to re-live some terrible medical issues.  Abnormal cells with just about every PAP I've ever had has led me to dread going to a gynecologist.  So they do these tests and procedures, and they space them out to let my body rest.  But "resting" means period apparently.  I've always been told that it's not cancer, so why do I go through this all the time?  It's like my body is so insistent that something is wrong that it just breaks itself.  Nothing seems to be wrong, and yet, I still have to have all these tests.
And then my dog had severe chest congestion.  That was the good news.  I thought she ate something (think plastic) and was trying to hack it up.  But she was just sick.  She's on antibiotics now.  These made her throw up in my bed last night.  It was awesome.  No, definitely.  See, I'm battling some stomach virus.  While sitting on the pot last night, I threw up all over my pajamas.  (Great image, I know.)  I felt so bad, I tossed my pj's out the window into my backyard and jumped immediately into the shower.  (My washer and dryer are in a shed in the back)
The upswing kinda helped me push through everything.  I was already in high gear emotionally, but having so much going on actually allowed me to have an outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment