Thursday, February 18, 2021

"Recap" Might Be a Code Word for "Short Bursts of Rambling"

A guy at my work got shot in the neck, by his girlfriend.  They were fighting about the baby.  One of our dealerships had a fire last week, and the one I work in had a fire today.
I'm up for a promotion in a few weeks.  It should be great.  It'll be a lot more work, a lot harder, and I'll get yelled at more often.  See, great!  Less customers, more angry salesmen, stricter dress code, better hours.  Totally a fair trade.  I'm willing to give a kidney to never have to do customer service again.
I'm eating broccoli right now, and it's pretty damn good.  I put a little oil, a lot of vinegar, and a dash of pepper.  Same recipe for avocado, except with, you know, avocado.  I like broccoli, so this "eat healthier" thing I'm trying is working pretty well.  I had steamed soybeans a few nights ago.  It needed way more salt than I was willing to admit.
Tessa's pregnant.  Again.  We're not really friends anymore, so I don't have to constantly be informed about it, which is nice.  She's due the week of Thanksgiving, which is the same time Heather had her last two.  I keep thinking Tessa did this on purpose.  She's never been her own person.  Ever.  This year Tessa even took the same vacation Heather took, like three weeks later.  She posted (facebook) the same pictures of her family in the same places as Heather's, and said how funny it was that she and her best friend are so much alike.  She dressed herself and her own husband to match Heather and her husband for aChristmas party.  It seems creepy to me, like Single White Female but with more snot and germs.  And I think Tessa only got pregnant because she doesn't know who she is.  Her youngest will be starting Pre-K in the fall.  Either she'll have to get a job or find something to do.  And I think she only knows how to be a mom, or only defines herself as such.  That's terribly sad.  DaVinci says she did it because she wants a girl, but she was bragging about her due date before she was mentioning whether she thought it'd be a boy or a girl.  It's a boy, anyway.
It's not that any of this really concerns me.  It just makes me think of my own childless position.  DaVinci and I have been discussing children more and more.  With him getting his recent raise and new position, and me possibly receiving one in a few weeks, children can only be right around the corner.  In November my insurance will cover my pre-existing BiPolarII, so maybe I can be a mom.  I'm scared to death.  I'm becoming an average adult.  This isn't where I thought I'd be in my life.  On the verge of being a mom, excited to be moving up in a job I hate, living in this city that's only made for death and despair.  This city isn't so bad.  I survived growing up here.  DaVinci did, too.  The murders, the crime, the racism, the poverty.  Is this the world I'm giving to my child?  It's a bit much to deal with, to even think about.
There's other nonsense going on.  My sister's building a house, and seems to think DaVinci and I will drive 9 hours to help them move 45 minutes away.  It's not going to happen.
It's Hurricane Season, and that means something here.  I've got a small stash of cash in case we need to evacuate.  DaVinci thinks we should use it to catch up on some debt that's haunting us (him).  And I say that every time I put money in my savings account he uses it to pay bills.  Paying bills is great, but we could just eat out less.  So, I squirrel away cash every paycheck and don't tell him.  If a hurricane strikes, we'll be okay for a few days.  If not, I'll just give half over to savings/expenses and 1/4 to Christmas, and the rest to start for next season.  We seem to always have money problems.  But if money's our only problem, I'm not going to complain too much.  We've got a pretty good thing going, as far as this marriage thing goes.
I'm sure there's something I should mention.  But I have to go work some more now so I can get home on time.  Wish me luck in the upcoming weeks.
Also, started playing Little Big Planet and could not be happier.  I though video games weren't for me, but this one is.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment