My facebook occasionally tells me "reconnect with so-and-so: write on his wall." Usually I think to myself, "Oh, well, I don't talk to him, I'll just delete him instead. And I don't mind. How many have deleted me? It's about even either way. I read an article today about a man trying to delete 101 of his 400 friends, and it was difficult to associate with 70 of those 83 he did delete.
Recently, The Pretender came up. "Make Facebook better for him; send him a message." Granted we had a VERY ugly break-up, and a semi-ugly relationship. But as friends we were, well, we should never have been friends. Our lives are not really intertwined anymore, and our mutual friends have all moved on as we have. But I sent him a message. Because I do not have friends to spare. Besides, I loved him once, and do still feel a concern for his general well-being. Although it's no excuse, his life was warped long before he realized it, and he was never able fix it- and the drug use only maimed any hope of recuperation. And everyone agrees we were both too crazy to be safe for each other.
I told him facebook wanted me to check on him, "I'm good, and hope you are as well. StressExcess tells me your are doing well. Keep it up." His response was along the lines of his confliction with talking to me and that he's okay. I wrote back, explaining that all confliction aside, I have realized that while we may never be friends again, we will always share some concern for the other, and that's okay.
I hope he does better in his life. I hope he gets happy again. I hope he has let go, too. Finally, I can be free from emotional responsibility or obligation. At least this once.
Descargar play lord of the ocean Efortuna En Pc
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment