I'm winding down from a very busy ten days. My sister and family came into town the same day I had visiting friends from college. Usually family visits require many late nights and dinner at mom's (which is usually delicious, but my mom's house has roaches). With my sister being all "Aww, we want to see more of you, do you really have to work?" I had to see my friends for early breakfast. Then my B-F-F from high school came into town and we did dinner followed by drinks for some much-needed catch-up time. Many early mornings and late nights later, I had another friend from college come into town- more dinner and drinks! Then the Jobless Wives Club, DaVinci's friends' wives, all got back from their vacations and held a pool party, and are planning another this weekend. I'm not complaining, I'm just exhausted and would like some down time to get some puppy-snuggling and movie-watching done.
I am still a cashier at this car dealership. I've run into at least three people from high school and three teachers. Let me tell you, it's not the grand reunion it could be. Sometimes the former classmates are still living with mom and had to drop out of school because it wasn't really their style; but mostly, it's people getting their (new, expensive) cars road-ready so they can make the big move to the new campuses for that difficult Ph,D. program they just got into. And I'm a cashier. Sure, I have a degree, and I'm really good at discussing lit theory. But I'm still a cashier. Sure, one of the teachers was a Free Enterprise high school teacher, and he saw me sleep in class every day. He was impressed that one time my English teacher interrupted his class to tell me what a good job I had done on a paper. Outside of that one incident, maybe- assuming he remembered me at all- he just assumed this is where I'd end up in my life.
With the seeing people I grew up with moving forward in their lives, I felt a tad jealous, but mostly disappointment in my own life. I do love my Hub, and I love my dogs. Sure, I really feel like I work just to pay bills, and I'm relieved I have a job that I'm pretty good at. I was hoping that since the girl I work for directly is such a tool and not great at her job, that I'd have an opportunity to move upwards in the company. I don't see it happening, and I don't think I want to work in the auto industry the rest of my life. So I broke down and looked up publishing companies in the area. I've written down addresses, printed resumes, and accumulated some envelopes and stamps. I've gotten my resume up on monster.com and a local job search site. I'm pretty excited, but not all that hopeful. I'm looking to do copy editing or fact-checking, or, well, anything. I'm sure I can do any of the jobs I am applying for. It's getting my foot in the door that's proving to be difficult.
I'm a little distracted now, but I promise to return later. This job has me much busier than it appears.
Descargar play lord of the ocean Efortuna En Pc
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment