Thursday, February 18, 2021

The Pompitous of Making Up Words

     Also spelled pompatus.  Though, I guess if it's not really a word, then it doesn't matter how I spell it.
     I once made up a word.  It's a verb: remagine.  It's conjugated the same way as "imagine."  It basically is the verb to describe the action of experiencing deja vu.  Because saying "I experienced deja vu just now when you said that"  or "I had a deja vu experience today, when you picked up your keys and that song came on," is a little wordy.  "Whoa, I totally just remagined that whole conversation."  See, sounds much better.  The main word and it's prefix fit really well; and together they pretty much mean the act of experiencing deja vu.  Pretty good, eh?
     Work is boring today.  It was "end of month" yesterday, so all of my accounting is done, and everything is filed away.  I play pogo.com games all day long when I am this bored.  I haven't been in a mood to read, and that kinda sucks.  I still try to read in bed.  The past few nights I have been exhausted, though.  Thankfully, the library loves me and lets me keep checking out books and renewing them.
     Monday Night Football struck my family last night.  If the Thursday and/or Monday game is good enough, we *have* to watch it.  I am normally a football widow, mostly weekends. In fact, DaVinci is a sports nut.  So, really, any sport makes me a widow.  "We" officially cheer for the following teams:
Liverpool Reds for Premiership Football
Oakland Raiders for NFL
Oakland A's for MLB (no, I do not live in Oakland, why do you ask?)
Michigan (go Wolverines!) for NCAAF

We unofficially cheer for the following:
Duke for NCAAB (bro-in-law is huge fan)
Nebraska for NCAAF (bro-in-law is huge fan)
Anyone who isn't Ohio State or USC in NCAAF
Fuck anything that's considered Texas, for any sport
Hornets in NBA, but I have a thing for Sean Marks
Ice Pilots for ECHL, but I'm not sure they are even a team anymore
Celtics for NBA (bro-in-law again)
Redskins for NFL, Moneyballs is a massively dangerous fan, too bad they suck!
Saints for NFL, seems to be the current trend
Arsenal for Premiership (though I'm all Italian and Brazilian for World Cup, etc.)

     I'd like to see the Colts and the Saints both go undefeated this season, just so that they can both go to the Superbowl.  Either way, one will win, and one will lose.  It would mean that the '72 Dolphins will finally shut the fuck up about going undefeated for an entire season.  Besides the Patriots may not have gone an entire season undefeated (losing to the Giants in the '07 season Superbowl), but they still won more games total.  I <3 dreamy Tom Brady.
     That's all I have in sports for now.  I hope it stays that way. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment