My favorite therapist/counselor was Pat. Pat was a grad student, and was the best thing that ever happened to me. Why did Pat rock so hard? What made Pat stand out?
1) Never called me a liar.
2) Never locked the door.
3) Never told me that my problems were my problems and that I had to live with that.
4) Never offered to sleep with me.
5) Asked me if I needed to move to a "safe house."
6) Brought snacks for my dog, and let me bring her to sessions.
7) Understood that when I describe something, I rely heavily on analogy, because it's easier for others.
8) Not once recommended drugs.
9) Offered to run with me at the gym.
10) LISTENED more than he spoke.
11) Let me see what he wrote in his notebook about me.
12) Let me smoke in his office.
13) Never assigned me worksheets to do at home.
14) Set goals for me to get through the day.
15) Spent my entire first session with me in the pillow room and didn't once ask what was wrong.
16) Believed me when I promised I'd never attempt it again.
17) Told me it wouldn't go away, but could get better.
18) Congratulated me with a soda on three days sober.
19) Recommended me to a non-student for real help when he graduated.
20) Finally helped me.
I try to revel in the fact that I had a Pat. Becasuse to remember what I had without a Pat is just really, really heartbreaking.
Yesterday, I was thankful that I once had a Pat.
Descargar play lord of the ocean Efortuna En Pc
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment