Really, I don't.
I need a day off in October to see a band/performer I'm in love with, and I had to ask how I go about making such a request. Sad, right?
My work said we're not allowed to be on the internet anymore. I never got that memo. Also, I think they lied, because I am clearly on the internet now. In between customers and playing games, I occasionally watch whatever customers demand be put on the television. For the most part, we watch CBS, which is a shame because my work pays for Direct TV (and I love Direct TV). When I come in it's the Price is Right, and that's followed by soaps, news, soaps, talk shows, and ends with more news. During my lunch is when they play Let's Make a Deal. I'm not there, so it doesn't count.
I enjoy people-watching on television. Not during sitcoms or anything, mind you, but during the news and game shows and such. People dress themselves, and usually aren't paid to be pretty. So you get the occasional slightly chubby woman. And sometimes you get the occasional chubby woman with taste. It gives me an idea of what "look" I could attempt, what patterns fit my shape, and how an outfit can look like a good idea gone terribly wrong.
Today I met a woman I want to be in the future. She was a contestant on the Price is Right. She didn't win the car, and she got to go onto the showcase. I don't know if she won or not. She was dressed like an early sixties mom. She had this fantastic busy shirt, that had a bit of an oriental cut to it, but with a sixties-trippy-hippie pattern. She wore a bright pink headband, and her large-ish button-style earrings matched. She was awesome, and I hope I can pull it off. I might even buy a corset to give me a better shape, because I think I can do it. Maybe. In a few years.
These days though, I need a style- a classification of clothing I can make my own. I hang with the Jobless Wives Club, and each has their own thing, kind of. One mom is ultra-cool and chic. She's high fashion, and thinks she's an actress. Another mom, when we gather for our men to watch sports, tries to be cute and petite. Sometimes she wears pink velour sweatsuits. Those are not attractive on anyone, no matter how tiny you are. So I need clothes to wear for the weekends by the pool or in front of the television. I need a style of clothes that works well for hangin' as well as for having dinner and drinks.
I like t-shirts and jeans. I don't like shoes, so I often opt for flip-flops that I kick off. I don't wear a lot of make-up, and I have some jewelry I'd like to wear more often. You think this would be easy. Most of my t-shirts are old band shirts, and some are too small now. Same goes for jeans... with the tightness. And flip-flops are hardly appropriate for going out. I recently bought a skirt-shirt outfit, and some awesome jeans and trendy tees. I'm working on it. The plus-side is that I haven't been crying when I have to buy a larger size. And I get excited about getting dressed and going around these women who have started becoming my friends. The style I'm going for is, well, jeans and t-shirts with sandals. But I'm doing it with consideration now. Which means I care a little bit. I want to look good, and I want my friends to see that I care about them being seen with me. I don't want to be the fat one, or the one with no sense of fashion. I want to look like I belong with them. Even if I have to be the nerdy one, I want to be one of them. Eww.
Descargar play lord of the ocean Efortuna En Pc
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment