It's no secret that I'm chubby. Okay, more than chubby. For the past year I've had to buy size Large shirts and size 12 pants. I've 5'3" and 170 pounds. Two years ago I was a size eight, medium shirt. Almost 4 years ago I was a size 6, and after manic-depressive incident, I squeezed my ass into a size 4. So I know it can be done. I'm not saying a 4 is my goal, either. There's just no reason for me to be in the double-digits.
It happened so slowly, too. I noticed it, but just never thought about how far along it could go. It happened when:
I quit smoking habitually.
I got married.
I moved to a city celebrated for its food.
I got a job with a desk... and a chair on wheels.
I got a big yard for my dogs to run around in (less walks).
I got switched from pill to pill to pill on my birth control.
I married a man who doesn't let me do dangerous things like leave in the middle of the night to run around, and he makes me eat like a normal person.
During Christmas dinner, DaVinci's family decided to hold a weight-loss challenge. It's based on percentage of weight lost, so I have a chance. We weighed in that night (after a full day of celebratory meals). The winner gets $125, which would be nice. But win or lose, I'm looking to drop 42 pounds.
So, now I've joined Spark. It's cool so far. I like that it's a good support network. It also holds me accountable for the things I put in my face, and my activity level. I don't track the Pilates video I do (at least three times a week); but I do track the 2 miles I've started walking every day, and I include a pedometer reading for that, just to be sure. Tracking food has been difficult. And I guess I could follow their meal plans, but it's not always what I want or what he wants; and it's a little difficult with the variances every day. So, I track what I eat, and log it into the computer. If I can't find what I ate, like something from a local restaurant, I just find something similar but more unhealthy. I'd rather err on the side of fat and unhealthy. It gives me a daily report of where I went wrong and how I can improve.
I should also get back onto WiiFit. Maybe. Like do their cardio STTh, and do my Pilates MWF, all in the mornings. I walk in the evenings. Spark gives you a tool on a google map of your neighborhood, and you can trace a route and it tells you how far that is. I've found which track to take to make a mile. I like it. If I go by myself, I take one dog for each lap. If I'm with DaVinci, we take them both on the first lap, and then by ourselves for the second.
It's a nice little support site. It gives me my calorie count for the day, as well as other things. There's a group for bipolar people, and a group for dog lovers, etc. It's been nice. But it's only been a week.
Also, I hate being fat.
Descargar play lord of the ocean Efortuna En Pc
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment