Thursday, February 18, 2021

Her Office Has No Heat, But that Blouse is Adorable!

     I have a fabulous scarf.  It's a plum-ish color, and made from chenille.  It is super-warm.  It is beautiful.  I wear it when I am cold but still want to look nice.  I bought it at a Renaissance Festival.  I got it when I met The Poet.
     I have a plain white undershirt.  It's simple, with a v-neck.  On it is written "kevlar."  I used to wear it to exercise.  It does not make me invincible.  The Pretender made it for me.
     I have an "I'm with stupid" shirt.  It was homemade for me when I graduated.  My university seal is on the back.  I sleep and do chores in this shirt.  Since he did not finish college, DaVinci calls me the smart one, because I am the one with a degree.
     I have a big orange coat.  It was in a bargain bin.  There is one button missing, but it is only decorative anyway.  It looks great with my scarf.  It is a little tight.  It has no fur.  My mom got it for me for my birthday.
     I have a nice grey scarf.  It was hand-knitted in front of me, and turned out to be my gift.  It matches a lot of things I wear.  It is not very warm.  My sister gave it to me on Christmas morning last year.
     I have two pearl necklaces.  I have several earrings.  It is my favorite jewelry.  It is not really mine.  The Pretender's mom gave them to me, because she does not have a daughter anymore.
     I have a maroon shirt.  It has a hand on it and says "Hang Loose."  It is from Hawaii.  The color comes from the ground on the islands.  I cannot wash it; the color will leave the shirt and go to other fabrics.  I do not wear it.  My dad got it for me.  I think of Brazilian music and hibiscus flowers and EverSmile when I see it.
     I have a D&B scarf.  It is black with gold designs.  I have never worn it.  I don't know how to wear it.  The Pretender's step-mom gave it to me.
     I have a necklace that has a tiny silver heart and several tiny fake pearls on it.  Ever since I was little, I wanted to wear it with my wedding dress.  It did not match my dress.  I wore it as an anklet, though, as my "something old."  My mom gave it to me to play with.
     I have ladybug earrings.  They are beautiful.  They are tiny.  Ladybugs are my favorite animal.  They show up around me often.  I believe they follow me.  My earrings were a gift from my mom "to bring harmony back."
     I have a tungsten band on my left ring finger.  I was never proposed to.  He traded in the ring he would have given me in exchange for wedding bands for the ceremony.  We are supposed to have tattooed bands, but I am a weenie.  Some people think it is hematite, which is cheap and breaks.  I tell people the word "tungsten"- written on the inside- means "every day."  But it does not; and "every day" means something special to us.  DaVinci has given me "every day" just as he gave me the tungsten band.
     All of these things I have.  And I have more.  I love my things, even though they are only things.  I love the stories behind my things.  I love the people I remember when I think of those things.  And while every memory may not be as sweet, I am fond of the idea that I had so many people to care for me, and who want me to have nice things.

No comments:

Post a Comment